4 Great Reasons To Choose LMS for Hospitality Training Management
Staff recruitment is tough in almost all business sectors, but in a high turnover sector like hospitality, it can be a constant challenge to recruit and train seasonal staff. It’s probably the main driver of the growing popularity and adoption of hospitality training management systems in recent times.
Hotel, bar and restaurant managers are all too aware that when it’s the busy season there are vast amounts of staff to be trained but in quieter periods, there is little or no staff that need training.
In order to manage an efficient recruitment process going forward, businesses need to find a balance by which they can quickly train seasonal staff without piling pressure on recruitment officers while keeping their full-time employees up to speed and ready to do their job all year round.
But fear not as there is a way to overcome this problem and a way the hospitality sector can train hundreds of new and existing employees simultaneously using a cloud-based training management system like an LMS.
How does LMS Provide Faster Employee Induction and Training in Hospitality?
1. Training on mobile devices can be taken anytime and anywhere
The LMS is mobile friendly and ‘fully responsive’, which means that your hospitality training programs work beautifully on all sorts of devices – including desktop, laptop smartphone and tablet.
Your employees can take their training, tests and courses using their own mobile devices when they have free time at home or commuting to work and they don’t have to train during working hours. We’ve found that up to 85% of retail training using our SeamsCloud LMS happens outside of working hours.
2. Training on mobile is extremely cost-effective
Recruiting and training new staff members can be one of the costliest ongoing activities for a business, particularly in high staff turnover sectors like Retail, Hospitality, Food, Beverage, Healthcare and Pharma.
Think of all the time it takes to induct and train new staff and all of the associated costs it brings. Plus, when your employees decide not to stick around, your business will then incur the same costs all over again as you start the recruitment process again.
But you can reduce this cost and save up to 80% on your current induction, training and onboarding when using a learning management system.
By implementing a fully automated learning management system it saves you lots of time and money because you only have to map out and import your training content to the LMS once and then assign the new employees to the training workflow as they arrive.
Even if you need to update your content, often it’s still a lot more cost-effective than having to pay a trainer to retrain your employees repeatedly.
3. LMS is perfect for delivering multiple location training
Training can be a bit of a headache for all businesses. It can be particularly overwhelming and costly if you have hundreds of employees spread across multiple locations. Through the implementation of an LMS, training becomes easily manageable and by using the LMS it ensures that:
- Training becomes consistent and uniform across multiple locations keeping service levels optimised.
- Training is delivered online as e-learning modules that have interactive and engaging content making training content less boring and monotonous.
- Employee training can be tracked so you know who is taking the training, how many have completed the training and who has yet to start.
- The LMS makes it easy to send reminders to those who have yet to commence training.
- Within the LMS you can update your online training courses, this ensures that training is always the most current and relevant to the business.
4. Validated training records will help you maintain compliance
In the hospitality industry, there are heavy compliance responsibilities on employers, especially when it comes to hiring, training and inducting new hospitality staff. If you don’t pay attention to the finer details, you could find yourself in hot water. But if you plan and map out your training process according to your industry requirements, an LMS can then deliver, capture, validate and store your employee training records to ensure compliance with industry legislation and standards.
- Employees can take their training anytime, anywhere making it easier to meet with compliance training deadlines.
- The LMS makes deploying mandatory compliance on health and safety or other issues extremely cost-effective through online delivery.
- Training records for every employee are available in an online database.
- Training can be amended without too much cost or effort, so your compliance training content is always the most updated version.
- You can quickly and easily provide the required reports to regulatory authorities which clearly demonstrate proof of training and the validation of learning for each individual employee.